Olympic

mattp

The Olympic National Forest is hosting open houses asking the public to share the areas and roads they use on the Forest. This information will help the Forest identify a financially sustainable road system that meets diverse access needs, minimizes environmental harm, and is safe and dependable because it is scaled to available resources.

The open houses will be held around the Olympic Peninsula during the summer of 2014.

Date, Time and Location of Olympic National Forest Sustainable Road System Open Houses:

Tuesday June 17,2014 - 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Port Angeles, Washington, Clallam County Courthouse, County Commissioner's Meeting Room, 223 E 4th St.

Thursday June 19, 2014 - 4:00 - 7:00 p.m., Forks, Washington, Olympic Natural Resources Center, Hemlock Forest Conference Room, 1455 S Forks Ave.

Wednesday June 25, 2014 - 4:00 - 7:00 p.m., Quilcene, Washington, Quilcene School Multi-purpose Room, 294715 U.S. Hwy 101

Thursday July 17, 2014 - 4:30 - 7:30 p.m., Port Townsend, Washington, Port Townsend Community Center, 620 Tyler St.

Wednesday July 30, 2014 - 4:00 - 7:00 p.m., Quinault, Washington, Olympic National Forest, Quinault Ranger Station, 363 South Shore Rd.

Tuesday August 19, 2014 - 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Shelton, Washington, Shelton Civic Center, 525 Cota St.

Thursday August 21, 2014 - 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Aberdeen, Washington, Rotary Log Pavillion, 1401 Sargent Blvd.

Thursday August 27, 2014 - 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Olympia, Washington, Olympic National Forest, Supervisor's Office, 1835 Black Lake Blvd. SW

In addition to attending open houses, the public may provide comments using the web-based map or online questionnaire on the Forest website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/goto/olympic/sustainableroads. Questionnaires are also available at any Olympic National Forest office. Comments will be taken until August 31, 2014.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a single Saturday or evening option for working folks. A not-so-clever way to hear from the people who will offer up the least amount of angst. I'm sure Polly Dyer and the WW folks will all be there.:rolleyes:

Reopen-it Dosewallips decision was made three years ago and not a single shovel has been taken outta the shed. That would be a good place to start. Sure, I'll fill out the survey, but forgive me if I'm cynical.

In any event, thanks for the post, Matt. It's the first I've heard about it--and I participated in the MBSNF version that was supposedly scrapped.

Edited by Fairweather