Weekday Climbing Partners Needed (every week?!)

l2summitplx

Hey guys and gals. Long time reader, first time poster. Actually it feels like all I do is read these days...and work. Which brings me to the point of this post: I’m looking to change that. Now. Finding regular partners is the next step.

A little about me: I’m 27, graduated from Western with my B.A. in Journalism. And if I’m being honest, I feel I’m lacking a bit in climbing experience. TONS of backpacking experience, but not counting scrambling, Baker is my only real summit. Twice in college via the Coleman Glacier. I truly fell in love with the mountains then, but lack of transportation, paired with homework and bills stifled my climbing goals. Thankfully, I’m now in a position where I can really get at it. I’ve contemplated AAI’s Mountaineering and Leadership series, but $10k would pay for A LOT of gas and beer pursuing climbing independently.

I’m a pretty laid back guy, get along with most everyone. I’m serious when I have to be, sarcastic and goofy most other times. I’ve traveled all over the world, but am trying to really familiarize myself with what’s in my backyard for a change.

I live in Seattle, work Thursday - Sunday mornings. I’m usually done by 4 and can be ready to climb by 5 Sunday. That’s 3 1/2 days a week. Plus I just bought an awesome 1991 Chevy camper van that is just begging for some trips into the mountains. All I need are partners. Mentors really.

Anyone out there looking to climb every week? Gas is on me. We can split the beer.

- Brett

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett,

I am about as experienced as you, we have a similar climbing record.

Although I couldn't be a mentor I will be available almost everyday in the summer because I am a junior in high school. If your willing to climb with a younger guy I'm always trying to find dependable partners (not much luck on the dependable part). I am hoping to take a class with AAI this summer to improve my skills but until then I would be happy to climb some of the less technical peaks in the cascades. I live in mukilteo, and have group gear for glacier travel and winter 4 season camping. Hit me up, ntgoodwin@gmail.com

Nate

• 2 weeks later...