• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   12/08/21

Thanks for visiting Cascadeclimbers.com.   Yep, we are still going!    Just put a new coat of paint on the site. Still the same old community of climbers, skiers, and people who love to get outdoors. Hope you had a great 2021, and wish you the best for 2022 and beyond.  Thanks again for stopping by.
Sign in to follow this  
layton

Drawing program to illustrate new book

I'm hard at work trying to add pics to my new climbing instruction book. Anyone have a suggestion for a program that someone with no drawing talent (me that is) could use? I have a computer with a touchpad/pen if that helps.

I know Dave T has been using Adobe Illustrator for the pages in his book which is about to be published... it's geology related, not climbing.. but I don't have personal experience with using that program..

also you might consider using a freelance illustrator if you can find somebody who has those skills... cost could be a factor of course... but could save a ton of time by taking the learning curve out of the picture..

Thanks John,

Both options are too expensive. My mom can line draw with pen and ink and volunteered to trace some photos or diagrams. I was hoping there was something that would magically turn my wavy lines and circles into something nice...or easy to use.

I know I totally fell down in my offer to help you Michael (I just got too busy :-( ) However, I do have a graphics program suggestion...

A great program I used:

http://inkscape.org/download/?lang=en

Has all the features of Illustrator and you can interchangeably open files.

However, good illustration would really enhance the project, but you'd have to hire someone for that.

Good luck!