Climbing partner for weekend and beyond

aikidjoe

I'm looking for a climbing partner in the Seattle area interested in climbing this Sunday (10/20) and potentially beyond. Most of my experience has been on glaciers/icy slopes (Mt. Rainier via DC, Emmons, Gib Ledges, Fuhrer Finger and Thumb; Baker via Coleman-Deming, up the steeper section of the Roman wall, Park Glacier Headwall), but I'm trying to broaden my horizons into vertical rock, ice, and mixed, so I'm hoping to increase my experience in these arenas. I can follow up to 5.9 right now, and would feel ok about leading up to 5.6 trad. I have access to a trad rack. I'm hoping for someone with similar experience, or more who is willing to teach! Have car, will drive.

I'd be happy with a long alpine day (Shuksan? Something in Snoqualmie Pass?), or just rock climbing. I'd also be interested in heading to one of the local mixed climbing crags to practice mixed climbing, which I have very little practice in.

Edited by aikidjoe

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

I am moving to Seattle in 2 weeks and am looking for a climbing partners. Actually I am looking for a mountaineering mentor or someone who is willing to teach me basics of glacier travel, crampon use and ice axe technique. It seems like you have these things down.

I am a highly capable rock climber. I lead 5.11 trad and sport in Yosemite, Squamish, Red Rocks, Indian Creek etc. I am very willing to teach rock climbing and maybe you could teach me some mountaineering skills.

I'm climbing in Moab right now but will be getting into Seattle around the 28th of this month and am trying to get out right away.

Let me know!

-David Gladish

Hi,

Not sure if you are interested, but I am looking to make it out climbing this weekend. I have been climbing for about 3 years. I moved to Yakima (from AZ) and do not have a local climbing partner. I lead 5.10b sport, and have just started trad in the past year so am closer to 5.7.

I don't really have experience on Ice/Mixed/Alpine but would love to learn if I can learn safely.

If you want to head east (Frenchman, Tieton, Leavenworth, other...) and meetup sometime shoot me a message.

Nate