• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
go_up

Marmot Couloir down sleeping bag - brand new

New, NEVER USED Marmot Couloir 0 degree bag. Reg length. $325.

Edited by go_up

Generally in the bag world - regular is for under 6ft and tall is for over 6ft. There is a little more to it than that, such as hip and shoulder girth - you would certainly be a large. Some of the various vendors have different criteria to get the temp rating, so lower temp bags would be a bit narrower and snugger than what would be comfortable to most people. It always helps to try on a bag that has specs close to the one you chose. The REI site has a category for 'specs' on each bag.

What obwan said. Over 6' - go Long. For reference, I'm 5'10 and, with my feet not compressing the foot section at all, have about 3" of extra length beyond my head. Just like you'd expect.

Edited by go_up