Mt. Erie access in jeopardy!

JimThompson

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly could close the access from Heart Lake Road, perhaps even jeopardize climbing entirely - the owners want to clear the timber and then develop the land for single-family houses. I'm emailing the WCC and AF. This is potentially a Bad Thing.

I'm writing an article about this for Mount Baker Experience. Anyone who knows anything, would like to voice an opinion and/or share experiences climbing at Mt. Erie, email me: ian@pointrobertspress.com. Jim and Chris, can I talk to you guys?

Jerry at the Mount Erie Store is handing out some paperwork describing the purposed area and the deadline for us to send in our letters of petition. The window is pretty short so if you are among the concerned, please get your letters in immediately. Points to bring up might be...

Erosion, wildlife, deforestation's effect on slope stability, the fact that the majority of the area is zoned as a rural reserve and the planned sub division blatantly defies this, and the adverse affect on the natural beauty of Mount Erie/ Lake Campbell area.

Write to-

John Cooper

Planner/geologist for Skagit county planning and development services.

1800 continental place

Mount Vernon, WA 98273

360-336-9410