Mt. Rainier in July

Greg V

I'm organizing a climbing party for Mt. Rainier on the Disappointment Cleaver route. We'll be climbing July 19-22. My father and I are leading the climb. We have experience climbing and leading in the Cascades, and high elevation climbs in Ecuador. I also have led the Grand Teton as well.

We are looking for an experienced climber or 2 that can hold their own, the pace will be relaxed, but the climber should still have previous climbing experience on glaciated routes and have attained a summit of at least 12,000 feet or successful summit of Mt. Hood, and also has access to their own individual gear. I have all necessary team gear. Anybody interested please let me know!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i'm definitively interested in this trip. I am 21 and a NOLS grad, I have a month straight of Mountaineering training and summits on Mt. Baker and also Mt. Sahali in the North Cascades. I plan on attempting Mt. Baker, Mt. Rainer, and/or Mt. Shuksan prior to this trip. Safety is a high priority for me and I practice basic/ advanced skills regularly. I have all personal gear need for the trip and can guaranteeing that I will be able to go on the trip on those dates.

Sincerely,

Steven Jacoby

steven.c.jacoby@gmail.com

Hi Greg, I'm very interested to join your team in July, name here is Cesar and I live in Tacoma, I climbed Rainier 3 times and summited twice, I went up with rmi and alpine experience . I have all the necessary equipment except ropes. I like to hike to Muir several times during the summer and fall. I consider myself in good physical shape, I play soccer every week and run regularly (maybe the Olympia marathon in May). I'm not fast climber, just put me in the middle and I keep up with the ones ahead, I want to enjoy the climb , safety is always number one. Hope I hear from you soon.

Cesar

N7bus@hotmail.com

Edited by Cesar

• 2 months later...