North Sauk (FR 49) Conditions??

alpine et

Anyone have knowledge or a better guess than mine regarding conditions of North Fork Sauk (forest road 49)? I believe this is the road that was further opened later this past year south of Darrington allowing somewhat closer access to Glacier Peak. The trailhead is at 2045 ft, so I was hoping that meant we might get somewhat close....From Darrington you take a forest road south to what is marked on the topo as Bedal (~1280') then turns east. Would appreciate any info from anyone venturing out that way.

I have seen this site with FS road info, but it's just listed as "snow" and not cleared, so not sure how bad it might be for a Subaru...I'm guessing not good, but was hoping for some good info!

thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up for a hike about 2 weeks ago before this last storm cycle. The snow got deep about 2.5 miles in, just after Pender's canyon. This last cycle may have brought avy debris all the way down to the road at Penders (just after NF Sauk Falls trail). I wouldn't anticipate driving up there in anything but a monster truck.

MH