Peter_Puget

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Peter_Puget said:

I heard a couple of routes there are fun - spill the beans!

PP bigdrink.gif

Never climbed there. Just saw your post, figured it was worth looking into, and used Google to find directions. yellaf.gif

If you end up checking the place out, share the goods.

I only remember one decent(?) bolted route possibly hard 10 easy 11....not a fun hike, not good views, really nothing spectacular. I remember rapelling from the top to get to the routes....I also remembering seeing a big chunk or sharp rock with blood on it at the base of one very steep "project." Apparently several weeks before I was up there a couple of guys were climbing and the leader pulled the rock off the wall. The 50+ lb rock landed on his leg = compound fracture and a helicopter ride to the hospital.

That was several years ago so who knows? Maybe the local developer up there has done more digging around but Eldorado of the NW??? I dunno about that.

sorry, don't remember much about the approach other than it was on an old access/logging road with *at the time* a bunch of fallen trees and some dirt bike activity. You should just call Dallas Kloke up in Anacortes. He should be listed in the phone book and can probably tell you exactly how to get there.