La Sportiva Trango Primes vs. Trango Extremes

Kraken

I had a pair of the Trango Extreme EVOs and loved them for their light weight and technicality. Unfortunately I left them in Patagonia last year. I'm about to buy another pair but was wondering if anyone out there has compared them to the Trango Primes.

For high end technical performance, the Trango Extremes seem to still be the choice, but the Primes seem to have a little more padding for those long approaches. Also are they maybe a little warmer?

I already have a pair of Spantiks, Nepals and Trango Lights. These boots will be used primarily as a boot to use on technical alpine routes where I may be switching between rock shoes and boots/crampons.

The lasts on the Primes and Extremes are the same but the Trango soles are a little thicker, and may be more long term durable.

Thoughts?

Edited by Kraken

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Primes are a bit lighter and warmer than then Extreme Evo, however they do have different soles. The Prime has the Vibram Impact Brake System sole while the Extreme Evo uses the Vibram Lavaredo. The Lavaredo is a stickier compound, with a better edging platform and would be better for a boot that might see some rock climbing.