Evolv Astroman

W

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark,

I tried these on yesteday at Mountain gear. These were my street shoe size, 10.5.

Fit: good suction cup sound when putting it on. Didn't feel like there was any excess volume, however my toes didn't fit right, hard to put into words but when climbing on their wall i kept experiencing a pinching pain. A size up would have produced too much extra space. I found the TC pro to have a better shape toe (for me), but fitting the same elsewhere, however still some discomfort in the toe.

huecos I ended up getting the five ten huecos. They fit very snug but without pain and are similar to my beloved scarpa technos. Hope that helps a little bit.

And for what its worth: My climbing preference is alpine rock and multipitch trad.

Thanks kevino,

Did the Astroman's allow your toes to lay completely flat? Or do they "point" your big toe slightly. I like the TC's except that I have flat, wide feet and my arches tend to cramp in them. Was hoping these Astroman's might "point" my big toe slightly much the way my beloved Anasazi VCS do but provide a more comfy all day fit than the latter.

Thanks for the reply--

They pointed slightly, but they also forced my 2nd toe to curl and pinch the 2nd toe and big toe, which is where my discomfot came from. But a that probably has lot of do with my toes. My feet are otherwise pretty skinny and otherwise unremarkable regarding shape.

I'm sure you already know this but five ten has a high top anasazi.