Equallette. NOT A TROLL

gruntpltleader

I have been looking at the book by Long. In a multi-pitch, where exactly does the second tie in to an equallete? In a Cordalette situation, I understand the top shelf, which allows the second to tie in at the masterpoint. Does the second need to tie in with their own double locker, or do they tie in to the orignal double as well? This also can confuse things as my usual partner does not lead yet, so I end up leading all the pitches. But the sitution could apply to block leads. I understand the that the Anchor depends on the situation, but I am learning as many as I can to apply to different situations. thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I understand you right,

second can clip into their own single locker which is attached to the master point. Same as the leaders.

If the protection pieces are not far apart (2 bolts for example) then you can clip both ends of the equalette to one piece and a loop into the other. when you make the master point, you will still have a shelf.

This applies if the equalette is a long single piece of webbing with a loop on each end. rabbit runner is another name. You may be thinking of a cord tied in a loop with a metal ring wrapped inside. Which one you talking about?

whatever the case, you can both tie into the master point with single lockers each.

Edited by genepires