Lost Metolius TCU's - Snow Creek Wall

wgh

I had to leave three metolius TCU's (grey, purple and yellow) along with an extra long sling and Petzl William carabiner, at an improvised anchor while bailing from Library ledge on Snow Creek Wall, Saturday Night (6/16/12). All three cams are located in a small crack behind a large flake halfway down the wall. I believe they are just left of Iconoclast/hyperspace.

I had to go to work the next day, otherwise I would have rapped in to retrieve them. Beer or food will be given to anyone who returns them to me.

-Will

508-868-3525

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We began rapping from two bolt anchor on top of pitch 7 of Iconoclast. We found another bolted anchor (top of pitch 6?).

We were unable to find bolts or slung webbing from there, so I slung a flake, and left a Blue and white Metolius sling with biner. Rapped again and left the thee cams behind a giant flake, could fit body between wall and flake.

Rapped again and found a rock post that had been used by previous parties, there were slings and rap ring. We continued to rap to the ground finding slings and rap rings the rest of the way down.

Gear was left after two ~35m rappels from the left side of Liberty Ledge. It was dark at the time and we only had one weak headlamp. I am not very familiar with the wall. I hope to go back tomorrow or Thursday and rap in with lots of extra 1" webbing and rap rings to get my cams back, if someone has not already pulled them.

Thanks for all your help!