Seattle shops

E_R

Coming in thru Seattle on my way to Bellingham and have a few gear needs. Looking for shop recommendations where I may be able to see multiple softshell options in one place.

Top - I'm looking for an OR Ferrosi Hoody. Maybe compare to other options for a lighter weight stretch woven.

Bottoms I'm looking at try Arcteryx Gamma LT and Pata Alpine Guide.

Not from the area and no options to try where I'm from. I've checked websites for the major shops and don't see one that may have both options.

Suggestions?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marmot Mt. Works in Bellevue (good sale racks too). Don't forget the OR store (yeah, only their models though).

I wouldn't boycott REI though... sometimes they have great sales and such - plus they are across the street from Feathered Friends so you can hit both in one stop. FF has better selection of high end brands and REI tends to stock the lower end versions of clothing by your typical brands.

Also, for a couple brand stores: Mountain Hardware Outlet & Patagonia Outlet are good stores too. They carry the items that's in their catalog but not common in other stores. The new Ueli Steck line at MH is pretty nice IMHO (and they have the latest "best" competitor to GoreTex in that line: DryQ).

Good luck!