Wild Country dyneema sling stretch?

TheNumberNine

I have two 12mm red wild country dyneema slings that I've had for about a year. I've used them to set up top rope anchors <10 times and have used them for various crevasse rescue practice situations. Neither of them has been exposed to a big fall or anything of that matter.

I noticed tonight while daisy chaining my slings that one is a bit longer than the other... Maybe by half an inch or so. I've inspected both the slings visually and they both seem pretty intact. I'm wondering if somehow one of the slings became stretched out when it possibly endured the brute of a top rope setup in a non self-equalizing anchor system.

If it is a bit 'stretched' should I be concerned about its strength given that a visual inspection showed no fraying or cuts?

Thanks.

Edited by TheNumberNine

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, this is going to make my original post sound really stupid.. I took a closer look at the slings and noticed that one is a Blue Water sling and one is a Wild Country. Their color and weave is practically identical, it's insane!

I think when I went climbing in Joshua Tree back in January I might have accidentally swapped a sling for one of my climbing partner's slings without noticing that it wasn't the same length. Things can get a bit messy when you're doing a multi pitch rappel in the windy dark epicness that Joshua Tree can be.

Guess I'll have to pick up an extra sling and I'll use the odd size as my permanent umbilical.