Hood Friday night

SummitTurtle

Anyone interested in Hood on Friday or Friday night? Potentially 11pm-ish leave the parking lot, summit by dawn, car by lunch. I'm coming from Seattle and can drive you if you're local/on the way.

Avi report is looking perfect and weather is supposed to hold until 4pm-ish on Saturday. Heck, don't even need chains on the road to the lodge right now!

Feel free to PM me if you're interested. I'm semi-open on choice of routes if you have something in mind.

-Jeff

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I thought the weather would really hold that long, I'd maybe do it. Bummer to have missed the past few days of super solid weather. I actually had Friday earmarked as off, but didn't get a plan together in time.

I got weathered out last spring on Hood when the weather window closed several hours earlier than predicted -- got to the start of the route (was going for Leuthold's couloir). We roped up, got all ready, then stood there for an hour as the sun was coming up watching the clouds roll in. We turned and headed down just as the white-out enveloped us and had a horrible, windy, snow stinging the face descent. Then again, the weather could hold until Saturday night...

Timing these big weather patterns is tough, and this one seems like a big/good one given our lack of snow.