• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
David_Parker

Dynastar Alpine Legend touring binding

I'm getting my son some new skis and want to get him some alpine touring bindings for occaisional sidecountry/backcountry. Does anyone have any feedback on the Dynastar Legend Alpine Touring Ski Bindings. If you or anyone you know has used them let me know. I just want to make sure they hold up for resort skiing. There is a great deal available for brand new 2009 models for only $119.

http://www.evo.com/outlet/alpine-touring-ski-bindings/dynastar-legend-92mm-brakes.aspx

They are rebranded Naxos - no longer made, no warranty or parts AFAIK. Also note those are in Large only, Large accomodates a boot sole length of 320mm-370mm... They can be cut down to size though. I have done that. In fact, I will have a pair of cut down to medium Naxos with a spare toe piece available in a couple weeks, if you decide that is what you want, I could let them go for say $75. PM me if interested.

I gave up on Naxos after they pre-released me into a tree at high speed - You Mileage May Vary. Generally better reviews from lighter and less agressive skiers.