• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Tstallings

St. Helens 1st timer!

I knwo I know, its not that big of a deal :) I mvoed here from AZ last year and this was one of the first thigns I wanted to do ths summer. Finally gettign to it!

Ive hiked some pretty difficult trails in teh past but want to make sure there isnt anything I should know. Just looking for any advise for my summit this Saturday!

-What to bring other than the obvious (trekking poles, hiking boots..ect)

-What time to start?

Thanks guys!

Hey Scappoose sister...Sending you a PM. Maybe you can also provide input on hiking Superstition Mountain in AZ (Thanksgiving timeframe).

Did it last year this time and was so excited I couldn't sleep, so started at 0430. pretty dark for the first hour or so but the sunrise on the way up was great! pretty straight forward with lots of rocks for about one mile and then just up and up. hope you get a clear day and enjoy!