[TR] Leavenworth bouldering - 3/4/2011

keenwesh

Trip: Leavenworth bouldering -

Date: 3/4/2011

Trip Report:

Thank god for teacher in service days. With the 3rd four day weekend in a row upon me I convinced my friends ian and joe to rally out to leavenworth for the day, the weather was kinda iffy but hey, we were going to be roadside bouldering, nbd... I got up at 5.40 and ian picked me up at 6.30, a quick detour to joes house to a part of tumwater neither of us had been too before and we were on the road. When we got to leavenworth we were surprised by the amount of snow on the ground, no matter, all the overhanging rock looked dry, we didn't need to top out on anything, it'd just be like climbing in the gym. we parked at Forestlands and postholed up to the boulders. I managed to get the V3 "arrested development" (minus the topout, it would have involved a scary beached whale into icy snow) 2nd go, not bad as I've only been training for a month! we then surprised ourselves by making very good progress on the V5 right variation to this problem, I'm going to get it next time! we worked the other V4's at lower before it started snowing and we headed up to upper forestland. played around and got increasingly cold for the long boot soaking posthole out. We then headed for swiftwater and the "footless traverse" such a fun problem! that loaf hold is so cool! we messed around with that, some really fun lockoff campusing and stuff, another one to go back too when the finish isn't glazed with verglas! Before making the long drive home we stopped at Curt Haire's house and had a really nice visit. I hadn't seen him since 8th grade or so so that was great. I hope I can get out with him before I leave for school at the end of the summer.

Snoqualmie pass was slow and we saw at least 15 cars in the ditch. There was also a big wreck on northbound I-5 with one car on fire, I hope no one was hurt... Really great day out with fun friends.

Gear Notes:

3 borrowed pads, hot hands!

Approach Notes:

posthole in cotton jeans, get real cold.

Edited by keenwesh

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days