Climbing the Volcanoes in June

Topher

Hey I posted a couple months back, got some replies, but not alot of feedback. it's great if your interested in climbing, it's even better if you actually are and follow through so we can get to know one another.

I'm planning on doing Adams, Baker, Rainier, and glacier peak in June. Weather depending of course. I have lots of multipitch Trad rock experience and some alpine experience. I'm familiar with snow anchors and crevasse rescue, but would love to practice this and get comfortable with each others knowledge before heading off into the hills to find out what we know.

I'm a safe climber and plan on keeping it that way. I'm pretty laid back, but like to push myself within reason. I have my wilderness first responder, avy 1 and lead up to 5.9 trad currently. I"ve been at altidude before but never above 14,000 feet.

anyways I love to meet up with some people to go climb and get and repore going so we know each other before personalities clash on the mountain.

Happy climbing to all, stay safe

cheers

Topher

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you're from the Bay Area, so I'm guessing your timing isn't very flexible. Would you be interesed in climbing Adams the weekend of July 10-11? It's on my list too.

I'm a basic student this year with the Mountaineers. I'd be happy to get together to practice alpine skills before the climb too.

I'm climbing Mt. Baker with my mentoring group this weekend, so I'll be able to tell you more about how I handle the altitude after that.

Hey, I'm wanting to do Adams in a couple of weeks as well. Baker and Rainier are also on the to do list this summer. I just took a crevasse rescue class with RMI, so my skills are pretty fresh. If you want to get together and practice rope skills on Adams or Baker, I'd be down.