It all fell down.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went there right after the earthquake last year and thought that's what I would see.

Every year the exposed pillars of the Sunshine wall should be knocked down and new routes can be put up on the fresh ones. The rock would be better and there would always be something new to do.

If you have a truck with a real long winch cable PM me about this project [laf]

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, here's the plan FS:

We'll meet at Vantage with your truck, my Bronco and a good bedload of dynamite (you'll have to sleep and eat catfood elsewhere until we use it all). If we go on a weekend when the weather is kinda crappy on the westside we'll have the opportunity to drag down some silly lycra wearing fools who might be bolted to the pillars. We'll start closest to the river and work our way up. If we have time we'll tear the Feathers down completely on our way out.

Today sounds good, I get off work at 4pm (been here all night), you ready? [big Grin]

• 1 month later...

Why not start with the pillar that you can move with your feet from the top? I've heard there's one that's like that. It even has a bolted route up the side.

Wait....I'm thinking evil......ok.....wait for someone to get halfway up and then the two of you walk over (from the top), sit on the ledge, lean back, prop feet on the pillar.......heavy sigh (it's been a hard day climbing (hey, is that a song)), and then slowly move your feet down to the side of the pillar AND PUSH LIKE AN SOB! That'll send the climber on one hell-of-a-ride!! [laf][laf]

Let me know how it goes!!!

• 3 weeks later...

You all must not know the latest news. This weekend some honed Seattlites were top roping some wicked routes on the feathers. Evidently they had tied their black lab to the first bolt on of a sport route. As some fellow climbers walked by the lab got all excited and pulled over half the feathers. Killed the lab, a real tragedy, the climbers,,,, no one has said.

Flug