[TR] Wet Dreamer - Darrington 4/24/2010

Captain panther

Trip: Wet Dreamer - Darrington

Date: 4/24/2010

Trip Report:

Yesterday my buddy phil and I got up at 3am and drove up to darrington to have a go at dreamer. It was the first time either of us had been up so the approach was interesting. We arrived at the trailhead at alittle before 7 and after trudging uphill for a while and boot packing a small patch of snow we were at the base and climbing a little before 9. The first pitch was a little damp and so was the second but with a little fancy footwork and some "slap and pray" style climbing we got past the nasty. Pitches 3 and 4 went off without a hitch and were pretty fun. Pitch 5 was my lead and I got alittle off pitch after confusing pitches on the topo but thanks to some down climbing and a lot of work on Phil's part to clean up my mess we hit the rest of it hard and summited around 2. A few quick raps and we were at the bottom rap station and it started snowing! woooohooo early season washington! then we took the forest on the way down instead of the trail and saw the most impressive old growth cedars i've ever seen!

P4231854.JPGP4231866.JPGP4231874.JPGP4231893.JPGP4231881.JPG

Gear Notes:

about 15 draws and standard rack, doulbes on .5 to 3 inches and maybe triples in the 2 inch range for pitch 6. half ropes would be the shit on this thing as we tailed a full rope!

Approach Notes:

trail then cairns then a steep sketchy drainage as far as we could tell. the early you get up the better this time of year

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice TR!

Phil made it sound like a ton of fun, I have to get up there.

Too funny running into you at rei and hearing about the same trip from you, turns out you were partners. Small world.

In regards to my problems finding wide rock shoes, here is page that explains it:

http://www.websterart.com/html/wide_rock_climbing_shoe.html

Thanks for the help with the shoes.

Hope we can hook up in Leavenworth.

Hey mark thats a pretty sweet operation youve got going on with your custom shoes! i hope those madrocks work out for you. did you look at those evolvs? the optimus prime? Im for sure going to Lworth this weekend so at the very least I'll stop by saturday night and have a beer and say hello at 8mile. Im planning on doing orbit and outerspace one day and a bunch of stuff on the castle the other. where will you be on which day?

Adam