Free Essentially Jul-Sept. - Looking for Partners

jk82

Hi all,

I'm new to cascadeclimbers. I will be taking extended time off after grad school for July through Sept. and am looking for partners. I was planning on being in the cascades for August, but this could include July and/or Sept. as well, depending how many partners I could find to do things. I'm also open to the idea of going to places in BC, around Banff, or the Sierras - essentially anywhere is fine; I'm very flexible and am taking this time to have as many adventures as possible and have a great time.

I'm open to just about any sort of trip. Alpine rock, glacier slogs, combinations of the above, trad cragging, trad multipitch.

My goal is to stay safe, have fun, and push my abilities, in that order. My main focus will be to get a lot of mileage on easy and moderate routes, become a more experienced trad leader/lead some easy alpine rock, and possibly work up to one of the bigger traverses by summer's end.

A bit about myself: I've been climbing since fall '07. I did a 12-day intro mountaineering course (Easton glacier on Baker, Liberty Bell Beckey route, Silver Star) in summer '08. I currently live on the east coast and have logged probably a total of ~40-50 days climbing outside over the last couple years. I've led a little trad (~10 ptiches), some multipitch at crags(Cathedral Ledge, NH), nothing harder than 5.7 on lead on gear, and am not super confident yet. Can follow efficiently to 5.9, hangdog 5.10, but expect this to increase quickly with more time to climb. Have followed ice to WI 4, very comfortable following WI 3. I have a decent amount of hiking/climbing experience in cold NH Jan./Feb. conditions as well.

I apologize for the length of the post, but I figured I'd just put it all out there and see who's interested. I'm very flexible, very motivated, and consider myself a solid second with the occasional lead that would like to get enough mileage to starting leading confidently.

Please PM met if you'd like to climb. If it's too early to plan for you, it would still be good to at least get in touch.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic