VW Westfalia aka Westy Camper Van

512dude

NOTE THIS VAN IS NOT MINE AND IS POSTED FOR A FRIEND, EMAIL MARK AT: ultradog@jps.net

This is a maroon full camper Westy in very good condition with low miles on rebuilt engine and transmission as well as relatively low miles on the vehicle overall. We have owned this classic over five years, but it's time to pass it on as we are looking to buy a travel trailer. Very well maintained and kept in great running condition. Body and original paint are in very good shape with only minor dings and scratches and no rust. Working appliances. Original canvas top is in good enough shape. All curtains including rear hatch screen. Both tables. Air conditioning. Upholstery in great shape. Bentley manual. AM/FM/CD with 4 speakers. 185/R14 load range 'D' tires in good shape. More pictures and maintenance history on request.

26K miles on rebuilt engine (stock 2.1L fuel-injected)

15K miles on rebuilt transmission

132.7K original miles

Most major engine and cooling system components replaced in the last few years, including new air flow meter wiring harness to fix "Vanagon syndrome." All work and regular maintenance documented and mostly done by a shop specializing in Vanagons.

Very few minuses: passenger side power mirror not working (works fine manually) and a missing plastic cover on the parking brake handle. The coolant level sensor is blinking intermittently even though the level is fine, and should cost about $30 to fix. Air conditioning was adequate last time I used it but a recharge would help (I rarely used it). This is still a 20 year old van and not without minor wear and tear.

This van passed King County emissions inspection in December, so it is good on emissions until 12/2011 and the license is good through 12/2010.

Asking $14,900

More here: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1613565105.html

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Westies :rocken:

I got one of these vans two years ago mostly for climbing-trip transport and accommodation...absolutely LOVE it. Though I have to chuckle about the "$30 fix" for the coolant light. Every time ours blinks, it costs us at least a couple hundred dollars to figure out why. (Ironically, it never has to do with the coolant level or the light itself. It's just evil.)