[TR] Castle Rock - Saber, Damnation Crack, and Angel Crack. 2/22/2010

summitchaserCJB

Trip: Castle Rock - Saber, Damnation Crack, and Angel Crack.

Date: 2/22/2010

Trip Report:

Todd and I headed over to L worth for the day. We wanted to hit up some multipitch but one look at Midnight Rock and we decided otherwise. We first headed up Saber to warm up.

IMG_2258_edited-1.jpgIMG_2260_edited-11.jpg

I've had my eye on Damnation for a long long time. I decided to do it, despite the fact that it was 30 degrees when we left the car and the route was in the shade. I made it up with no serious problems. Gear isn't really too big of an issue on that route, surprisingly. You just need a comprehensive rack including small cams and nuts. Seriously a great route and a test of the leader's ability. IMG_2311_edited-11.jpgIMG_2334_edited-1.jpg

We headed a few feet over to Angel Crack because Todd hadn't led it yet. He did pretty well and led it a couple times. I also led it clean. We headed back to this side at 3:30 pm.

Todd has a few picture of me leading Damnation. I took some video of him leading Angel. Maybe he'll cross post.

Gear Notes:

Full rack for Damnation. Small cams and one number 2 or three for the upper section for Angel.

Approach Notes:

Walk up the trail.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic