WTB: Integral Designs eVent Overbag Bivy

bcier

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks fender. I am looking for a used one though. Trying to save a bit of money instead of ordering a new one. I don't mind the odd patch here and there. Plus I'm up in BC and it would cost me more to grab it from Seattle than to just order one from a retailer up here. But thanks anyways, next time I'm in Seattle I'll check out that shop.

Thanks Kevino but I'm not really looking for the bugaboo. Its a great bivy except that the shoulder zippers aren't water-proof or protected by a velcro closure to render it more water-resistant -- they're just covered by a flap.

I had a bugaboo a while ago and got caught in a severe storm. Water came into the bivy via the non-waterproof shoulder zippers. Seamgripping some cord before the shoulder zippers so the water/sleet would follow the cord and run down the sides to the edges of the bivy would probably fix most of the leaking; however, there would still be some leaking (albeit minor) where the perpendicular waterproof zipper (from sternum to neck) meets the non-waterproof shoulder zippers. I don't think there is much you can do about leaking where all the zippers meet.

I'm leaning more towards the entire eVent bivy overbag for a number of reasons:

1.) Its simpler. No zipper failures in the field -- which is also the reason why I only use a top loading pack.

2.) Its all eVent. I can use the bivy upside down and sleep on my side (or stomach if necessary).

3.) Its lighter (albeit by only about 135g in comparison to the bugaboo -- but it all eventually adds up when considering the weight of your entire gear).

Cheers though.