Rambo 4 fit on Sportiva boots

iceclimber

Curious if anyone else has an issue with the fit of the Rambo 4 on a large boot. The crampon frame is essentially flat and doesn't fit the rocker on any of my current La Sportiva boots, size 46 Evos, Primes and Baturas. When levered in place the front of the frame is about a centimeter away from the boot sole. Worst fit is on the Prime, not much better on the Evos or Baturas

Anyone else notice the same thing with their Rambo 4/Sportiva setup; have any problems because of it?

I've resigned myself to the fact that the Rambo 4 just won't work for me (too bad) and will likely sell them. Don't have any fit issues on the same boots with my other crampons; G20's, G14's, Sabretooths or Rambocomps, so it's not like I don't have other options.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dane, I'll give that a shot and while I'm at it I'll try the bales from the G20 as well (no retaining strap on those). Really would like to find a reason to keep the Rambos.

By the way, do you have the 'new' Rambos, with the black ABS anti-balling plates or last years with the yellow active ones? Mine are last years, just wondering if the frame may have changed as well.

I have last years, yellow/active. I've ditched the Grivel bales on both my Grivel crampons and use the Petzl bale on my BDs as well for the smaller boots.

But the stainless Petzl's work harden, and have been known to break after long service life. So if you climb a lot I'd change them every couple of seasons.

They really need a DIN boot sole and toe/heel profile. Otherwise boot/'pon fit is going to get worse before it gets better.

Gotta love the set up though :)

P1010213.JPG

http://colinhaley.blogspot.com/2009/03/les-grandes-jorasses.html

http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/