Anyone near Cle Elum?

Noodle

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called my folks (they live in Cle ELum) and i guess it has been pretty warm. There was some new snow last night but it melted by this afternoon. As of yesterday there was snow on the hill and there still should be some i just dont know how much. If you make it out pleeeeeas post a TR! Iv been dying to climb it since 7th grade. Just never made it out. Id love to see how it goes.

Want some beta? I spent 4 hours getting pissed at the Brick and drove my toyota pu right to the base under the power lines. I kept getting shocked when I touched my truck. So, I climbed to the top of that bonafide sack of shit completely shit faced drunk and had a great time. Holds kept breaking off left and right which really made me giggle. It was fun. There was no pro. I would rate it 5.DRUNK. I only did it because I was wasted and had spent too much time being wasted and looking at it wondering what it would be like to climb the damn thing. It's not as steep as it looks. Yes you should continue to do what so many of have done for decades driving by Cle Elum. JUST KEEP DRIVING.

I live in Roslyn and have climbed it in both summer and winter conditions. The gullies in the winter can be kind of fun, not technical, but good glissading down. There is snow in those gullies right now, but not nearly as much as usual this time of year. I climbed one of the prominent aretes in the spring on a gorgeous day once. Don't bother with rock pro. It's pretty much choss. We did have fun, though. You have to test each hold and only after that, use it. I'd say the hardest moves are around 5.5. Careful, though, if you don't test the holds properly and move with care, there are lots of death fall opportunities.

I've climbed many days with the "teacher" Eric, mostly sport.

There is some decent climbing (sport) around this area, but it's not around Peoh Point. It's up by Lake Cle Elum and Salmon la

Sac.