• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Skisports

Cochamo

I am looking at areas to climb in Chile. I was wondering if anyone has been to Cochamo if so what kinda of climbing options are there other than what the website says. If not do you have any recomendations on where to climb for 10 days

http://www.cochamo.com

Dave

At what level do you climb? Cochamo is a bit short on climbs for the sub-5.11 climber. If you're solid on 11 there are infinite possiblities, but if not, as I recall you might have trouble coming up with 10 days' worth of climbing to do. It's been a couple of years though so that may have changed since I was there. Camp Farm has only one 5.11 pitch and it was a very fun route.

Definitely head up to the refugio and look through the new route notebook and talk to Daniel; he's a very nice guy and will give you more suggestions than you can possibly use. Also be prepared for Biblical downpours that last for 24 hours straight -- take a book.