Anyone who's not in the USA - help

layton

So it's come to my attention that people in the U.K. who try and buy my book on Amazon.com are being ripped off by the 3rd part seller who deals with amazon.co.uk

Anyway, let's say you live in another country. Couldn't you just not go to amazon.co.uk, and instead go to Amazon.com to buy my book?

If that doesn't work, could someone out of the country (usa that is) please let me know if the book is selling for a reasonable price here? https://www.createspace.com/1000251309

Thanks! I just have my book reviewed, and I also wrote an article on shoulder injuries for "Climber", U.K.'s climbing mag and a guy emailed me telling me that amazon was selling it for 35 pounds.

-ML

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

I'm in the US, but just wanted to let you know the two Amazon's don't work the same way. My books sold on both. Different versions based on foreign right sales. Sometimes the people who buy the UK versions (including hardcover) come over to the US and sell them for ridiculous amounts of money and vice versa. With third parties you have no recourse, since they own the books. Think eBay.

I just checked your listing on the UK site and it is being sold by third parties, not Amazon UK. One seller says books are dispatched from NY, the other UK. The NY one is selling for 30.95 pounds.

You might want to talk to your publisher about getting you onto Amazon UK. (And also make sure they don't have an arrangement with whoever is dispatching from NY.) As I mentioned above, there are foreign rights that come into play to sell overseas which is what makes it harder than you think it would be to just get a book on the UK site.

Congrats on the review. Hope the article you wrote brings you many new sales!