Teanaway area snowpack

JoshK

Anybody been up the Teanaway river valley? I called the Cle Elum ranger station and they said the road is still open to wheeled traffic pasted 29-pines which means one might be able to make it to the esmerelda (S approach to stuart) or stafford creek trails to get up in to the navaho/earl peak area. The last two times I've driven by on 970 the area has been clouded over so i couldn't get a look. Any beta appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From last wknd: http://www.turns-all-year.com/skiing_snowboarding/trip_reports/index.php?topic=14599.0

It warmed up and rained a bit since then, but there are lots of spots on the road that are protected from sun/rain by trees and they take way longer to melt out. Doubt you'll get too far up the road by car. I may be headed out that way on my sled tomorrow. If so I'll update.

Thanks G2G!!!

Unfortunately I don't have access to a sled, but the distance to ski on the road isn't *that* far all things considered. An extra mile or two up the road on wheels always helps though. Those pictures are awesome and I'm hoping I can talk the girl in to going up here this weekend!

Was up that was this weekend. You can drive easily to the junction with FS Road 9703 (just past 29 Pines). From there it's solidly covered in snow (well packed though) all the way to Esmerelda (8-9 miles). There were some folks in a setup 4Runner and studded tires that made it roughly 2 miles from the TH, but any normal vehicle wouldn't make it nearly that far.