Brakes for Dynafit TLT speed?

gertlush

I was leaning towards brakes for my bindings but I can't seem to find any for sale for the "speed" dynafits. They all seem to be for the comfort or vertical models.

Is there actually a difference in the heel piece which would mean I couldn't mount it? Wildsnow refers to the speed brakes as just screwing onto the baseplate where with the vertical/comfort you have to fiddle around with the heel unit.

However neither REI or MEC or teh google seem to list brakes specifically for the "speed" bindings...nor does dynafits website...so back to leashes eh?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they are different. They used to make brakes, Marmot had some last time I checked. Only for narrow (75mm) skis and it's a pita to bend them for much wider skis.

I think you've got the descriptions fuddled - for the Speed brakes you have to take off the heelpiece to install some plastic wings and screw the brakes onto the baseplate. With the Comfort you just attach the brakes onto the baseplate the wings are molded into the heelpiece.

The brakes for the Speed pretty much suck, unless you are spending alot of time inbounds not worth the effort