Any recent beta on the North Twin Sister?

NorthStr99

A buddy and I are scrambling the North Twin in a couple weeks and I know there have been some changes on the roads since the last time I was up there a couple years ago. Anyone have any info from recent excursions? Or does anyone know of a different approach than the long slog up the logging roads from the closed Olivine Corp. gate at the Middle Fork of the Nooksack? I'd heard tell of a different way in from Hwy. 9. Let me know - thanks!

Sean

Northstr99@aol.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks G-Spot, very useful report. First time I've heard of anyone being able to drive past the notoriously gated bridge; even if they DID have to go back down and start from there it's still intersting that they could. Wonder if there is anyway to get permission to drive all the way in?

I was up a few weeks ago on a weekday. The gate at Middle Fork was open when we went up, but we parked outside it. Good thing too because it was locked on our way out and we would have been locked in. Watch out for fast-moving gravel trucks on the road up too - I had to suddenly drive off the road to avoid one. Summitpost has a bunch of info about the roads changing and whatnot, but we just followed Beckey's directions and had no problems.