• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Dhamma

Mono Lake Recesses TR

<--Newb

Training for Shasta this winter. We went up to about 11k in the mountains near Lundy Lake (Near Mono Lake). Quite an adventure. I took a spill tele-turning down scree fields, snapped a trekking pole. I popped my thermarest and slept on a cold rock. I didn't wear warm enough clothes, so everything i brought was worn in the 15 deg bag. I wasn't comfortable or warm, but I had an awesome time.

pics by request.....

76915ddb.jpg

e7a8c00c.jpg

a0940528.jpg

4c17407c.jpg

ed193999.jpg

92b88577.jpg

828bf833.jpg

0b2fa430.jpg

5bedc59f.jpg

589dd436.jpg

5b572a11.jpg

dc775eba.jpg

0e675c85.jpg

ec8f95c4.jpg

1ad835a5.jpg

07abb55e.jpg

Nice pics, its good to see that area again. I almost bought property at the mouth of Lundy canyon long ago. I still love that eastern scarp, but it would've been too cold & lonely in the long run.

Looks like maybe you forgot the corkscrew?