Glacier Peak access

JoshK

Last time i did Glacier Peak was before the storms that totally destroyed much of the access. I've been meaning to go back for several years, optimistic that they would actually fix the road in a reasonable time from. At this point I'm not convinced they'll be fixed within the decade. (They claim "late 2010" for the White Chuck Rd. - yeah right...)

Given the state of the destroyed standard roads does anybody know which approaches are left as the most feasible? I know about N. Fork Sauk which goes to the S side of the mountain. What about for the north side? I enjoyed the Frostbite Ridge tour but I'm not even sure what the most reasonable access to that side of the mountain would be these days.

Any beta appreciated.

-josh

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great link, 617, thanks a lot. I hadn't seen that thread before. From the lack of comments it seems like the north side of the peak is still really difficult to access, and I certainly think that is the more enjoyable side of the mountain.