• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
sean_beanntan

Lost..actually dropped Grivel Evolution 58cm axe

dropped from high on the Reid Headwall on Friday, may have gone the whole way to the glacier. i will gladly pay a reward or swap you some other gear from my basement collection. Thanks

Really sorry to her about your loss of a great axe. I'll never forget my first climbing instructor saying, at our first snow school;

"The first rule of climbing is, Hang On To The Axe;

second rule of climbing is, Hang On To The Axe;

third rule of climbing is, HANG ON TO THE AXE!"

Hope you find it, and use it for many more years.

I am going to be in the area tomorrow, I'll keep an eye out to see if it made it to the glacier. But it has also been snowing today, so it might be buried by now.

I ran into a guide (Timberline?) that had taken a client up Leuthold's this morning. He was carrying an axe that looked very similar... You could give 'em a call and see if they found anything.

Thanks for the email, are you the threesome on Luetholds?. How was the climb?, pretty awesome conditions, Yea, the guide is a friend of mine and pretty much all of us use the same axe. I think we met earlier, I am Joe,

That wasn't me. I climbed Devil's Kitchen Headwall with a buddy and ran into the guide on the descent. Climbed Leuthold's the week before and was curious how the conditions had changed. It was pretty loose and fluffy a week before.

-Colin