Crampons for Big Feet

TarHeelEMT

Hey,

I'm relatively new to the sport and have thus far been getting by on borrowed crampons, but I'd like to go ahead and get my own. I'm a little hesitant to buy based on reviews, because so many of the models require an extender bar to fit my boots (size 13).

Any advice for an all-around crampon for folks with big feet?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I second the recommendation for the Sabretooths. Great all-around crampon.

You might not need the extender bar though. I use mine (semi-auto binding) on two pairs of size 47 (roughly US 13) Scarpas, the Charmoz and Phantom Lites, and still have a couple notches to spare on the center bar. Check fit on your boots before spending extra on the extender bars.

You might not need the extender bar though. I use mine (semi-auto binding) on two pairs of size 47 (roughly US 13) Scarpas, the Charmoz and Phantom Lites, and still have a couple notches to spare on the center bar. Check fit on your boots before spending extra on the extender bars.

Manufacturer states that the standard center bar is good up to size 12. So I guess you can go from there. I've small feet, size 8's so do have to even think about it.

Edited by dgleighton