Pole Creek Road access

alienPDX

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gee, i feel so important.

Went and checked it out today. Road is impassable the last 3 miles, basically the last turn left to go to the TH. It's shady down there so it's always snow late. But it looks like snow the rest of the way. It was so firm i could of basically drove quite a ways(i went up about 100 feet), but all who know me also know my track record out there.

JL

• 2 weeks later...
gee, i feel so important.

Went and checked it out today. Road is impassable the last 3 miles, basically the last turn left to go to the TH. It's shady down there so it's always snow late. But it looks like snow the rest of the way. It was so firm i could of basically drove quite a ways(i went up about 100 feet), but all who know me also know my track record out there.

JL

You know your important to meeeeeeee 8D :shock::wave:

It is painfull to sit around on the weekends. Full throttle when I am back!!

• 1 month later...

For those that care:

The road to the trailhead is open. Patchy snow to Soap Creek, then nearly solid snow from there on. There are so many trees across the trail it almost seems as if it has been abandoned. Thundershowers on Sat evening. Clouds overnight did not let the snow freeze up, so I opted not to trudge up the soft stuff to Middle Sister this morning and bail. :( Looks like plenty of snow up there for a while yet.

No real mosquitoes, but you can sense the beast is about to awaken... :o

soapcreek.jpg

brokentop.jpg

middlesister.jpg