Bugaboo Questions

Darren

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the dirt road going into the Bugaboos? Will my low clearance vehicle make it? I've heard about the chewing of the hoses that takes place there. Should I bring my own chicken wire or will there be enough in the parking lot? Save for the NE Ridge of Bugaboo, what are the choice routes in the 5.6 range to do while there? Any other suggestions to a first time visitor would be greatly appreciated.

low clearance OK

should be enough wire there

NE ridge Bugaboo is 5.7, not 5.6 - good 5.6 and easier stuff on the peaks near crescent lake and brenta spire, west ridge of Pigeon, Kain Route on Bugaboo, etc. but W ridge pigeon excepted, as the grade gets easier expect more mountaineering and lots less climbing.

Buy the guidebook!!!

Go by Nelson on your way for herb supply and also to climb in the Valhallas! Bugaboos minus glaciers and crowds.

Dont forget to take $$$ it is about $10 a night to tent and $15 for the hut, they DONT TAKE CHEQUES (except from Fred Beckey) OR DEBIT CARDS!!!!