BD Firstlight Tent

telemarker

Anyone have any experience with this liteweight tent? I used it for a weekend this winter, and found the ventilation lacking, even with the tent door most of the way open. My sleeping bag was pretty much damp each morning, and the inside walls pretty damp as well. Aside from lack of air, I love the fact it's only 2+ lbs and super easy to set up.

Anyone else have an opinion about this one?

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had that tent for about 4 years now.

It does lack in ventilation when it is humid out. When it is cold, but relatively dry, as long as the vents on the door and opposite wall are open, I don't get much condensation. Also, I started sleeping with my head at the door becuase it has more venting.

Despite what some have said, I find it to be really watertight. I've used it many times in the rain and it hasn't leaked yet.

In J-tree last year, it was one of the only tents to survive a "high" wind day, despite when I got back to camp the steady wind was basically pushing it flat on the ground. Wouldn't want that happening while I was inside it!

I have had my Firstlight for 5 years and have similar praise to Crillz. I spent about 35 minutes sealing the seams and have been rained on, snowed on, windblown and haven't had a leak so far. I haven't had much condensation issues so far, even in winter. The only downsides I've seen so far are the lack of wiggle room inside (I'm about 6 feet tall) and the need to anchor it well in a stiff wind...it is so light it becomes a kite. I love this tent! My partner with the Bibler has me bring mine usually.rod_at_the_parking_lot_073.JPG

I have also been very impressed with mine, it suprised me how dry I was last spring on a very cool wet night at the base of Mt stuart. I thoght for sure we were going to get soaked but sure enough we were dry. I do recomend bringing a small pack towel to wipe condinsation in the morning...