BD Winter Bivy?

mwienholt

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used mine a fair bit but ended up going with eVent. I dont think the EPIC is as breathable as eVent, as I found a fair bit of frost buildup within the bivy that I found to a lesser extent with the IDs.

Also I found that it wetted out quickly in rain, although it was great to keep spray (say when under a tarp) off (eVent is waterproof).

The weight is great but Ièm not convinced.

How does the winter compare to say the lLghtsabre. I have a Lightsabre, and have stayed dry, unless a pretty strong rain. It is nice having the lifted hood which keeps the fabric off of the face. It is EPIC fabric also, and I get front buildup around my feet at night, and it typically feels a little muggy during nights when completely zipped up.

I used the BD winter bivy for a couple nights last summer, and experienced significant condensation. And it's not like I was sweating a lot- I was using a 40 degree down bag on dry nights that were pushing that temp rating. My partner on the trip had an Integral Designs eVent bivy (and 40 degree down bag too), and stayed dry inside with very minimal condensation.