cheap (but decent) hotels near Tswassen ferry?

snodger

We're heading to Vancouver Island in a few weeks and want a place to crash for the night. Last time we stayed in Surrey at the Quality Inn but the price has gone up to $80; we're hoping to find a place more in the $60 range.

Other Ideas? probably not lookin to camp that night

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we go to the Gulf Islands every summer, we stay in a Motel 6 in Everett or something cheap/nice in Mt. Vernon. Get up a few minutes earlier and the drive/border crossing is nothing. I think we allow 2+ hours from Everett and 1.5 hours from Mt. Vernon to the ferry landing. Don't forget, the BC ferries are reservation only.

Don't forget, the BC ferries are reservation only.

You can reserve but you dont have too

My understanding is that if you have a reservation, you're guaranteed to get on the boat as long as you show up at the landing and check through the turnstiles at least 30 minutes before sailing time. If you don't have a reservation, or arrive less than 30 minutes before departure, then you're on "stand-by" and can get on if some other schmuck misses his reservation.

BC Ferries FAQ see the section entitled About Getting to the Terminals (When and Where)

you're not on "stand by" and don't need a reservation if it's not a busy sailing. if the boat's not full and you show up while they're still loading, you'll get on.

I'm curious how Roger will know these things before it's too late to do anything about them...

that being said, if it's busy a reservation is nice peace of mind and pretty much mandatory on long weekends.

Which is what I guess I was implying in my first post. A couple minute's worth of mouse clicks will net some pretty good POM...

I'll just STFU now and go back to work. :wave:

lol.. okay point taken

just tryin to emphasize that not having a reservation doesn't mean you have to hope that someone else doesn't show up so you can get on. that happens sometimes, but from my experience, mainly on long weekends. if you've got a laptop and internet access you can see how full the ferries are on their website too. k, i'm done, almost time for Lost.

A cheep hotel? Yea, my bro and I found on on our way back from Waddinton. About 3 miles from the ferry right on the road to the ferry. Great service, food very close by for breakfast, but the bedding wasn't up to par.

Cost? $0

Our battery died on the way back and we got to check out the opulent palace of a gas station. Begging charge time from different customers all night long so that in the morning we were able to get across the border and buy a new battery.

Fun Times! Party at the Gas station, oh yea.

Edited by Wastral