Sled Access/ Sisters-Broken Top

benb

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wilderness Boundary is just south of Ball Butte, So that is as far as one could legally get in coming from Dutchman Flats. To park at a snow-lot you just need a snow pass or whatever they are called.

If I were going in, I would come in from the D. Flats area, and just find a forest road that got me as close as possible, or I would sled down HWY 46 and go to a S. Sister TH.

Hope that helped.

Ditto on snopark pass requirements.

For BT just park at Dutchman Sno Park and follow the snowmo trail to the easily identified wilderness Boundary adjacent to Ball Butte. There's a few different ways to get back there, but it's easy to figure it out. From there access is pretty good to anything on BT except the West Face. No need to deal with F.S. roads, just go to the boundary. You should be able to look at a map at the snowpark.

For S. Sister just rally up the road towards Elk Lake and park your sled at Devil's Lake or the Moraine Lk Trailheads. One thing to point out is that snowpark will be full by 8:30 am everyday that weekend. It's a fucking madhouse in there so get there early.

JL