Climbers on the N. Side of Hood 2/1?

eldiente

We (Chris and myself) ran into a pair of climbers at the Tilly Jane cabin on Saturday night. I forgot your name, but we swapped a bit of notes before heading back down to the car. I was just curious to see how your climb went on Sunday, looked like you had good conditions for it. (Thanks for the Whiskey too!)

-Nate

Edited by eldiente

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. Not quite. We were gonna go down Cooper Spur until weather rolled in and made that a dangerous proposition. Took a while to get a ride back up to our car at Cloud Cap.

shoulda used my patented call-your-8-month-pregnant-wife-to-come-give-me-a-ride-right-goddamn-now-woman! technique

but sounds like you didn't have to go recover snowshoes? or is that a project for another day?

nice - we'll i'd mangled it welll over a bunch of years so your right to booty it causes me no great sadness - glad it wasn't raining death and debris down on you while you were there :) i can't recall but a handfull of times in my live that i've left gear behind before but holy shit it was an instantenous no-brainer on that occasion!

was our bollard of death still obvious above the 'schrund?

Here's a few shots of the N side if anyone is interested in conditions. There is a lot of climbable ice up there right now. We took the left flow - the right flow looked a bit harder. There were other lines further up the spur of varying quality.

The N Face looks awesome right now and should stay that way for a few more days depending on the weather. Someone should go get it.

IMGP1045.JPG

IMGP1049.JPG

IMGP1044.jpg