Any eastern WA climbers??

Morgan_Graham

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! So, I live in Tri-Cities (my mom actually lives in Benton City- not a bad place!) And I'm just rock climbing at the moment. In the future I would like to get involved in Mountaineering, but I'm just a beginner right now. So, I'm learning as much as I can right now, and am hoping to meet some fellow climbers. You mentioned climbers in the area don't go on this board- is there another website or anything like that?

Hey there,

Have you been to the wall at the Tri-Cities Court Club in Kennewick? It's not spectacular, but it's a good place to practice and gain some skills. There are a number of us who climb there regularly on weeknights, and we often get outside on weekends as well. You can message me as well if you'd like to meet up with us either inside or out. We're always happy to meet new climbers!

-Jenn

Hi Jenn!

Don't diss the plastic at TCCC; it's actually quite a nice wall. It's come a long way since Steve and I got the first wall started back in the early 90s, when it was located in an old racquetball court. I'm just not that into pulling plastic, although I should show up more... :rolleyes:

Yeah you should. We've got a bunch of people going regularly now - a bunch of new folks as well as the ones who've been there forever. It's a good group. And as much as I diss Spencer's routes for being way too reachy, it helps keep me in shape for the weekends.

Although we still all agree that someone should put a climbing gym into the old grain factory on Clearwater. Any takers?

Although we still all agree that someone should put a climbing gym into the old grain factory on Clearwater.

Now that would be sweet! Not only would be it a multi-pitch wall, but it's only three blocks from my house! And a rope's throw down the street from The Pub!!!1 What's not to like? :)