Lost: sunglasses on SCW descent, 10/5/08

sobo

If anyone finds a nice pair of polarized sunglasses on the backside of Snow Creek Wall, I'd really appreciate getting them back. I lost them along the descent trail, somewhere between the summit and the Orbit start, most likely on the short rap about 200 feet climber's left of the Orbit start. There's a 6-pack of your favorite malted beverage in it for ya if ya return them.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if you follow the cairns down, there is a station set up on a big pine tree that allows for a short (30-40 feet?) rap over a roof. The rap drops you right on the trail at the base of the wall, about 200 feet climber's left of the Orbit start. Learn sumpin' new every day, huh?

Must be someplace different, because skier's left would put you on a headwall with no way down. Are you sure you aren't talking about the big pine higher up the descent trail (and in a gulley near the wall) that a lot of people rap from? The tree I'm talking about is almost right at the base trail. It drops you right smack-dab onto it, then wander a coupla hundred feet skier's left to the Orbit start.

This downclimb puts you pretty much at the base of Orbit.

We must be talking about different trees.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack your lost sunglasses thread.

If you're rapping the SCW descent, you're probably lost. There is a rap down the face of SCW, however. At least to 2-tree ledge

This downclimb puts you pretty much at the base of Orbit.

We must be talking about different trees.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack your lost sunglasses thread.

If you're rapping the SCW descent, you're probably lost.

Never laid claim to being another Jim Bridger... it's been at least 10 years since I've been on SCW.