Cross Country Skiing

After all of my spewing on bicycling I'm curious to know who here is into cross country skiing? I went last year for the first time in years, but when younger I even raced (not very good though). When I was doing that (and riding the bike in the summer) I am confident I was fitter than any other time in my life, by far. I once thought of moving to Anchorage or Fairbanks (or high up in the Cascades or Rockies) to a city within minutes of cross country skiing, as the sport is so great, and great for you. Plus, you'd have to figure if you're that close to that much snow, you'd have to be close to the mountains!

There may not be enouch XC skiers here to get into a big discussion on it, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there Snow,

I enjoy cross country skiing, though I don't get a chance to do it all that often. When I lived in Milwaukee, WI at times I could just open my door and ski through town. That's only happened twice since I've been in Seattle (moved here in 1990) but when it happens, what fun! A good place to learn is up around Kecheelus Lake (sp?) near the railroad grade up by Snoqualmie Pass -- nice and level and a great place to really stride out.

We also just got snowshoes and hope to spend a little more time on them this year. Anyone out there try rondonee or tele skiing?

------------------

Courtenay Schurman, CSCS

Hi Skiers, I'm ready for the winter sports season. I like cross country skiing and alpine too. I have my season pass for the summit at Snoqualmie. Just need about 5 feet of snow now. I tried tele last year couldnt get the turn down though, still working on it. I've been looking for randonee gear I'll be doing that for sure and I won't give up on that tele turn. Oh yeah, I'll be doing some snowshoeing too, along with any winter climbing.Catch ya all later.