Props to Cascade Designs/MSR

jjd

Not sure if this belongs here or in Gear. I have to give credit to CD/MSR for keeping a simple warranty request simple: I broke two tent poles on the Fury tent I bought a few years ago and wanted to get them replaced. I didn't have a receipt because I bought the tent from a rep, which they could have used to avoid fulfilling the warranty (original receipt is one criteria for the warranty). Instead, I just sent the broken poles in; I had the new poles show up on my door from UPS a week later. This was not a complicated request, but props go to them for keeping it that way. Keep it up. :rawk:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a horrible first time experience with my stove at Rainier the other day, but after some cussing, kicking, poking, multiplyering it to death it finally worked. I wish the retail store was open later so I could drop stuff off for repair on my way to work. My gripe is that their sleeping pads don't handle water well. I use mine for 2 week canoe trips and climbing but the foam always seperates. I can't bitch about their customer service though, I haven't given them the chance.

I called MSR regarding the new Reactor stove I had used only twice and it started spitting and sputterting and released a huge fireball ( basketball size) AHHHHHH! as I was trying to light it, with this stove their is no fixing it in the field, a MSR rep was very helpfull and offered to pay for all shipping replace it with no questions asked even though I had no reciept, I ended up taking it back to REI where of course they also took it back, the MSR rep called a little dissapointed that they couldn't deal with it. Two thumbs up for effort.

hopefully REI didn't sell that stove, I did tell them the problem.