helens permits?

bestes

anyone have a couple helens permits for this weekend (12th or 13th) they aren't going to use? trying to get the girlfriend out and a buddy back into it. thanks for the help!

on a similar note, does anyone know what the penalty is for climbing without a permit?

Edited by bestes

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A ticket of some financial sum...but I hear that fees are for recreating in the wilderness. Might you be headed out for a Vision Quest...then a fee might not be required...um...I hate getting taxed to climb a mountain that will erupt and destroy everything anyway.

anyone have a couple helens permits for this weekend (12th or 13th) they aren't going to use? trying to get the girlfriend out and a buddy back into it. thanks for the help!

on a similar note, does anyone know what the penalty is for climbing without a permit?

Last time I went in May they barely even glanced at our permits. Good thing since we could only get one for Friday and actually summited on Sat after a bivy at treeline Friday night. She checked us on Sat afternoon on our way out. I bet if you just hung one on there they would hardly know the dif. Then again, maybe not... Also, we bought the permits online for Friday cause that is all we could get but when we showed up in Cougar to pick them up at the motel they asked us what day we wanted the permit for and we told them the actually day we had purchased it for but could have just as easily told them Saturday and they would have gone ahead and given it to us for Sat.