Anyone climbing Mt Adams July 6,7,8?

xernrek

Hello,

My first time on the forum

I have had plans for most of a year to climb Mt. Adams on the dates above. All my possible companions have had to back out for one reason or another. I have 5 extra permits for the climb. I would like to have someone else to tag along with. In close contact or just within earshot so I can tell my wife "No, I am not climbing alone.

Anyone interested?

Jim

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather is promising. The road has been cleared to the trail-head. If anyone wants to join a 2-day climb of Mt Adams, look for a green geo metro parked at morrison creek tomorrow night or cold springs Monday morning. Ask for Jim.

taking Suksdorf ridge starting from the cold springs trail head. Partway up Monday, then up and out on Tuesday.

Jim, in answer to your question with a question, have you considered doing the climb as a day trip? I've done it both ways and much preferred doing it as a day trip. Beats lugging a heavy pack up to the Lunch Counter and back. As I recall, it took me 12 hrs return (i.e., car to car from Cold Springs campground leaving at 3 am) in mid-July. Just a thought for you.

368525274_03bbb194c1_o.jpg

I have thought about it. I am wondering if I am in that good of shape. Mostly I am looking forward to savoring the time. Taking pictures, sitting on the mountain and considering life.

Also, The forest service is recommending Suksdorf ridge instead of Crescent Ridge because of cornices on the East side of Crescent Ridge. I don't know if the Suksdorf route will take any longer.

Nice picture. Thanks

Jim

On the road in two hours

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would close this out with a report that the climb was successful, met a guy at Lunch Counter that I went up up to Piker's Peak with. Three more people were at the top before I left. A group of about 12 were between Piker's Peak and the summit on my way down.

That glissade from Piker's Peak to Lunch Counter was a ride to remember. Once I had the nerve to start it. Now I think I know what "corn snow" is. Like a 2000 foot slide.